Sports Incharge: Dr. Anurodh Prabhakar,
Contact – 8909816716
The department of Sports has already started activities of games and sports from the session 2004 – 2005, and many matches have been organized in the campus during the previous session. The department of Sports has decided to promote competitive games and sports in the college on the State and National Level by organizing the sports programmers, sports seminars and by developing the sports infrastructure in the campus. In order to raise the standards of performance of the college sports at the state and national level competitions, the process of result oriented planning and nurturing of the talent on scientific principles of modern training methodology, this department will chose the best number of players among students of various courses on the basis of their performance in the different activities (games and sports). The selection will be made by giving chance to students of the college to prove their worth in the various sports activities.
Our college promotes student participation in various outdoor and indoor games. Students are encouraged to participate in games and sports activities, which include cricket, volleyball, badminton, multi-gym,Kho-Kho, Kabaddi. Participation of students in these activities equips them to sharpen their competitive skills and develop team spirit. In charge Sports is assisted by well qualified Teachers and instructors to help the students in developing their interest in the games and in enhancing their participation standards. The indoor sports complex has been equipped with badminton (men and women), and multi-gym facilities. A cricket cum sports field is also available near our college campus. The best teams have been sorted out for various games, sports and athletic events. Apart from these, Our College also organizes Annual Sports and Cultural Festival every year. In this the Department of Sports stresses on track and field as well as indoor games.
- Sports Hall: The department has set up an indoor Sports Hall with the Indoor Badminton court the other indoor games like carom, chess etc. are also played here.
- Multi-gym will be launched in the near future.
- Volley ball Court: The department has also set up two Volley Ball courts (one for girls and two for boys) in the campus.
- Yoga: Apart from the games and sports regular Yoga classes are conducted in the campus to develop the spirit of meditation among the students. By practicing yoga the students will learn about the spiritual and moral values of life.
The Department of Sports has the following facilities:
- Volleyball Courts
- Cricket Ground /Football Ground Near college(Village Property)
- Tracks & Field for various athletic events
- Badminton Court
- Indoor games like Chess, Carrom etc.
- Kho-Kho and Kabaddi ground.
- An outdoor sports complex
In near future we have also planned to construct/ install Multi-Gym Power Station soon.