Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposes that every accredited institution establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of an institution’s system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions. The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post-accreditation phase of institutions. During the post-accreditation period, the IQAC will channelize the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
As per National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) guidelines every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC becomes a part of the institution’s system and works towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance.
Goals of IQAC
The primary aim of IQAC is:
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
Functions of IQAC
The primary functions of IQAC are
- Academic Calendar
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Alumni Feedback
- Teacher Information Format (TIF)
- Teacher Wise Feedback From Students
- Students Feedback About Institute
- Teacher’s Feedback About Curricular Design
- Green Audit
- Information Booklets
- Minutes of IQAC
Guidelines to Establish Internal Quality Assurance Cells (IQACs) in Colleges. Maintaining the momentum of quality consciousness is crucial in Colleges. Link